Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The quick and the (dreadfully) long

Spent a good bit of yesterday making a card for a little girl who is having a cheer leader type party and although I knew what I wanted to do with Tilda it took me ages to get the rest of it to gel.  Used the lovely SU Ginger Blossom dsp on this one - it is lovely when everything matches.  I thought her dress was too red so I went over it with Twinklings which is why it looks shiny/funny in the photo.




I realised when I was finished that it was not the one that was needed for this weekend.  The one I needed was this one which I then threw together very quickly by just running an image through the copier twice and cutting out the second 'Ben" and layering him up for a 3D effect.  Actually did run the SU Stars wheel over the front of the card as well as inside and called it done.



Sorry about the glare but it is on glossy paper.

While I was on a roll (sort of) I made two identical cards with the lovely little birdcage from the Saleabration set.  I had some images stamped out already so just had to tie it up with some Rose Red card and designer paper.  A couple of layers, some ribbon and two
 more were done.


In my hurry to photograph it I have knocked the bow sideways, but I guess you get the idea.  Another simple one.
I have a few more to get done before the 31st March !!

2 comments:

From the Attic said...

Mary, I have only just come across your card blog. It is BEAUTIFUL and you are SO talented. Don't know how you find the time to do all the things you do. You are amazing!! I know how lovely your cards really are as I have been the very lucky recipient of quite a few which I always treasure. - Thank you :))

Chrissie

Sue Madex said...

Love your latest cards Mary. What a great idea for the Ben 10 one. Must file that one away! Love Tilda.