Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

I hope everyone has a lovely and peaceful Easter.  I certainly am.  I had intended to catch up on some stitching but my plans were thwarted somewhat with the arrival of a little visitor to spend a day or so with me.


This little bundle of fluff is the newest member of my Daughter's family.  "Summer" was adopted from the RSPCA a week ago and is just gorgeous, but she wants lots and lots of attention and follows me everywhere.  As soon as I sit down she is on my knee and while I am on the computer she lies like this and watches me, making me feel very guilty.  

Luckily I had already made the Easter baskets for the grandchildren, so they just needed to be filled with eggs.  Amazing how many they actually hold !!  I may have to shred some more paper to go in the bottom.



They are very simple to make.  I only have that one Easter stamp so I had to make do with little birds and the Organic Dragonfly.

Last Thursday night I tried my hand at the technique called "Black Magic".  I saw it ages ago but didn't have the white stamp pad, now I realise that I probably don't have the right stamp sets!   Here are a few of my practice runs -  certainly not perfect yet!











I tried the Upsy Daisy set and the tempting turquoise was looking quite good until I did the outline with the white gel pen, so I left the orange one without outlining it and it's ok, still needs some orange ribbon.
Then I spied the Eastern Blooms set and tried that one out and I think that one works better.  I have a few pieces in various stages, but none finished yet.



Ok, so I have been here too long - the dog is destroying her bedding - must be time for another walk !!!

1 comment:

Sue Madex said...

Ooh you've made me want to give that technique a go. Love the warm oranges.