Sunday, September 26, 2010

Return of the Razzleberry

I promised I'd be back with a card to match the razzleberry acceptance card I made. 

Today was the "Open House Afternoon Tea" to celebrate this special 70th Birthday, so I can now show you the matching stair step card. 

The flower stamp is from the SU Fifth Avenue set and it makes lovely crisp images which are so easy to cut out.  The card stock is Whisper White and of course, Razzleberry with some Razzleberry ribbon as well.  The SU bird punch is so handy for making leaves.
I haven't actually made a bird card with it yet. 

I will have another Razzleberry card to show you next time then I promise I will move on to another colour.


Monday, September 20, 2010

Forty fabulous flutterbys

Flutter by butterfly
Floating flower in the sky
Kiss me with your petal wings
Whisper secrets, tell of spring

As soon as I saw these butterflies I knew what I was going to do for a special 40th birthday card.  When I started cutting them out I was a bit doubtful as to whether I could fit 40 of them on one card, but I did. 

I used my favourite stair step card which always look great for special birthdays.  The card stock is SU  confetti white and I stamped it in gold with the Vintage wheel.

It was getting rather crowded so I used three wires and adhered seven (double sided) tiny butterflies onto each stem which took up 21 then 9 medium sized and 10 large and the one extra large one on a wire at the top.

You can probably just see one of the wires at the top of the card here.  I just adhered them at one end and then bent the wires so they would go where I wanted, but would still be floating free.

I then made a belly band for the envelope the gift voucher was in, and just tucked the right side of the card under the belly band by about 3 cm.  It looked great.

So altogether I cut out 64 butterflies ! 
Wouldn't want to do that every day but I think it was worth the effort.

I'll be back soon with another stair step card.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Riot of Razzleberry

I was so pleased with the music card shown on my last post that I did another one very similar a few days later to use as a Thank You card.  However, looking at that post now makes me realise how poor my photography skills are.  I am trying to take more care with my photos but I have a long way to go because as you will notice I was so anxious to take these in good light that I just plonked them on the carpet !!!  lol  oh well, at least I remembered to take a photo before I gave them away.
Lately my photos are being turned around when I load them here, so I went into GIMP and fiddled a bit (a LOT) and at least I now have them the right way around and a bonus was that I found out how to crop them a bit, but have just realised that the cropped area still appears on the blog as white space, so one step forward and two back.  It looks fine on the preview but not on the blog!

...... this was a birthday acceptance card .....

..this one a Birthday card......

 ... and this one a birthday card for my Mum ....

... and just look at the matching gift wrap which I found in my cupboard after making the card .. how amazing is that?
Hope you liked my first play with Razzleberry.  It is a gorgeous colour.  The stamp was from SU Fifth Avenue set.  The card stock was all SU and the pearls from my stash.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

"If music be the food of love ..."

This card may have just awakened my motivation.  I have been using cards from my stockpile for a while now but this particular birthday required something different.  I sat down to make it on a couple of occasions but nothing happened and then suddenly I only had a couple of hours to get it done and delivered.  I knew that I wanted to try the metal foil in the cuttlebug with the music folder.  I had visualised a long landscape card with the music going across it on an angle, but of course the embossing folder is not the right shape for that ( perhaps I need SU music wheel !!).  I started with a large square card (145cm) and had chosen about six papers with a music theme which I thought would be perfect, but were in fact, too much, but this lovely paper was on the reverse of one of them and was just right.  I did have to cut the embossed image down and had to be careful to put it right way up as I can't read music.(hope I got it right).

I tried to "age" it a bit by sponging the edges, tearing and rolling the corners.  The words are computer generated, and I just had enough of the string left to tie it up.
I was quite happy with it. 

Just lately some card makers have started showing the inside of their cards which are decorated to match the front, but I have always made a conventional insert for all of my cards which I then just add something - maybe just sponging the edges or using a decorative punch on the corners - and this one is no exception.

Although  I recently received my order from the SU Mini, it is mostly untouched.  I do have however, a very large wish list of products in the new catalogue, so I need to get back to making lots of cards so I can justify my purchases.