Friday, April 5, 2013

Cream in my coffee

I have left my run a bit late with this entry for the challenge over at Unscripted Sketches.  After many different ideas and much wasted time, I had almost given up hope of making anything work, and then the new challenge at Just Add Ink went up and the colours were so lovely that I knew what I wanted to do.  So I am  combining the two challenges in this one card.
 

Stamps:  SU Hearts a Flutter and Patterned Occasions
Card:  SU Whisper white
Ink:  Crumb Cake; Early Espresso
Tools:  Big shot; Hearts a Flutter framelits; scallop punch; Very Vanilla seam binding; Crumb cake scalloped tulle; embossing
 
Thank you for dropping in
Mary

5 comments:

Geri said...

Okay, you have totally rocked the sketch challenge and the color challenge. Your card is stunning with such great attention to detail and flawless execution of techniques (like the glitter hearts!!!) and spot-on placement of the design elements to achieve a perfectly balanced card!

I'm so glad that you chose our Unscripted Sketch to showcase your amazing talent and creativity!

Christine Blain said...

Mary, this is gorgeous! I love your use of the Hearts A Flutter stamps and framelits, and those little cups are too cute. Great card. Glad we could help inspire you; thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

You certainly came up with a beauty in the end Mary! I love the use of the banners and lovely CAS style. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

I just have to say...LOVE your animated birdcage, it's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love all your shapes and textures on this card. Every time I look at it I see something new. Lovely. Chantell JAI

Mae's Cachet said...

Cute text and the colours work so well with your coffee theme, love your layout.