Saturday, October 8, 2016

JAI #332 Colour Challenge

It's been a long time since I joined a challenge at Just Add Ink.

I recently spent time in Queensland "dog sitting" and took along some stamped images to colour and the tools to do some ink blending.  Once home again those pieces sat on top of the basket of "works in progress".   Although not intentional, (mainly due to my limited supplies), one of the images co-ordinated with one of the ink blended backgrounds, and as both pieces fit the criteria for this week's challenge, I combined them for this card. 



Although I am a SU girl, this time my floral image is a new purchase from Altenew and after much indecision I just had to use this older sentiment from PTI.

This card has a little of everything - stamping, colouring, water colouring, ink blending and fussy cutting.

Cheers,
Mary

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Mary! The colour blending on your base piece is stunning; nice job. I like the contrast that the sentiment, on black, provides. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. x

Jan said...

This is so gorgeous Mary! I love how you've blended the colours on your background and the details you've added to your beautiful flowers and bold sentiment are stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Rochelle Blok said...

Stunning card, Mary! Love the blended colours on the background and then those beautiful cascading yellow flowers through the middle. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along and I hope we see you again next week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card! The colors are blended so perfectly!!!